Sunday 14 March 2010

Continue to learn


This week we had a staff training day on Friday. Volunteers were asked for to contribute ad share what they do in their classrooms that others might find useful, I had suggested earlier in the week we share our continuous learning which I must admit at the time provoked a puzzled look. I explained that I felt what we do well as a department is continue to learn; about our subject and other areas of interest we each hold, but we also share these things with each other. I chose this as I think it is the most important thing we have.

I believe that there are people out there who teach that do take their knowledge for granted and do not actively seek fresh new knowledge  (if you feel I am wrong I apologize) and I think they do this for a number of reasons but mainly because something has made them loose enthusiasm.

Fridays presentations/sharing went well and seemed to encourage some people but most of all I will take away this thought...

"Keep your enthusiasm, hold on to it tight and don't let anyone take it away from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment