- No longer reading blog posts in email and using a reader; Google Reader. Though this has also increased my reading from 8-12 blogs a day to 190+. (Perhaps excessive?)
- Signing up to Twitter and following the teachers whos blogs I read and speakers I have come across at conferences. Obviously this grows as new tweeters catch my eye.
- Blogging to vocalise/reflect/record thoughts (though at embryonic stage)
I can not change the whole education system over night and no one person can but what I can do is:
- In the classroom:Be positive about students learning and my teaching. Continue to learn to be a better teacher and continue to reflect/assess/develop my practice. Prepare students as well as I can for the 21st century using what I can.
- In my department: Support those around me who are less comfortable with technology. Find ways to build the community within the department both face 2 face and online. Celebrate our students.
- In the college: Do what I can. Continue to push for CHANGE.