Tuesday 6 March 2012

Assignment 6 - #edtechcca6

This weeks challenge  was to "Use Google Maps to create your own custom map that includes photographs of places."

I had already used google maps to create an map containing images that were taken by students on a trip to our college building whilst it was being built. I have now revisited this map to add photos of it now we are in the building.

View Stoke On Trent Sixth Form College in a larger map

 I have also added links to Blurb photobooks of student images and youtube videos of college tours created by students in the form of roller coasters.

I was disappointed that even youtube videos could not be embedded and that I could not change the colour of the icons-so had to use envelops for more recent images (Though I could have added my own symbols).

I tried a similar task with bing maps but found myself disappointed with this as well. I found it more complex interface to use. Though I do like the fact you can take a tour through images in bing. Below is a tutorial I made a while ago on how to use bing maps to document a field trip.

1 comment:

  1. I like your campus map. My college is probably moving too, so this is something I'd like to do. I've never tried Bing maps - I didn't even know it existed. Something else to add to the list...

    ReplyDelete